When searching for the perfect home for your family, it’s important to take the following steps to ensure you find the right fit:
- Research your desired location. Look at crime rates, school districts, and proximity to amenities like grocery stores and parks.
- Determine your budget and make a list of must-haves. This will help narrow down your options and prevent you from falling in love with a home that’s out of your price range.
- View multiple houses in person. Don’t rely solely on online listings – it’s important to see the home in person to get a true feel for it.
- Consider schools, safety, and commuting. These factors can have a big impact on your daily life and should be taken into account when making a decision.
- Take a home inspection seriously. A thorough inspection can reveal potential issues that may not be visible during a tour of the home.
- Trust your gut, but also be flexible. If a home doesn’t feel right, move on to the next one. But also be open to the possibility that a home you didn’t initially love could be the one for you.
- It may be worth paying a little bit more than anticipated if the house ticks all of your boxes. Don’t miss out on this opportunity, don’t look at this property as an investment property instead, as a lifestyle property.
- Make an informed decision with your spouse. Discuss your thoughts and concerns about each home and make a decision together.
A simple technique to understand if a home is right for you is to follow the below steps:
- Close your eyes.
- Imagine it is settlement day and you have now picked up the keys to your new home.
- You are sitting inside your new home.
- Visualise the positives and negatives of this specific property.
- You have a new mortgage with a monthly commitment.
- Visualising all of this, are you truely happy?
If your answer is a profoud YES! then go hell for leather with this property.
Our brokers pride ourselves on conducting expert property research. Speak to us to kick start your pre-approval and home buying journey and buy with confidence!